Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hair oil & treatment Review



Since I dye my hair regularly I noticed that especially the ends of my hair got really dry and damaged. 

I often straighten my hair on daily basis which makes it even worse.

That's why I have tried tons of hair treatments but most of the times it was just wasting money. 

A lot of hair oils make your hair heavy, sticky, oily and just gross. I am looking for a product which is light in it's texture/ feeling, which smells good, and which manages to better my frizzy and dry hair. Achieving a new healthy "shine" in my hair would be awesome too :)  

I will compare 2 hair oils by L'Oréal, which I bought a few weeks ago:



1) L'Oréal Professional Expert "Liss Ultime Reflexium" 

2) L'Oréal Elvital "Oil Magique" for colored hair 




This one was released on the German market a few weeks ago. It is for colored hair and has a UV filter. 

Leave-in oil 

Just apply 3-4 pumps in your hair- before or after washing it.  It is used to protect your hair from any heat /hair dryer or straightener

Bottle contains: 100 ml 

claims to protect your colored hair and to let your hair color "shine" again 

Price: around 7 Euro

Smell: a little bit odd, smells like alcohol 




This hair oil claims to protect your hair from heat damage as well. 

It is a straightening and "thermo-active" oil 

Leave-in oil 

Apply it in the ends of your hair after you've washed and towel dried your hair

Claims to make your hair soft and straight + protecting it from further heat damage

Contains 50ml /1.7fl.oz.  

Price: around 8,50 Euro 

Smell: very nice 




OVERALL: 

If you compare these two, I liked the last one so much more. It made my hair really soft, not sticky or heavy. Its smell is just wonderful and I really have the impression that this product helped to improve my hair condition and avoid further damage to it.

The "Oil Magique" wasn't as good as expected. It doesn't make my hair as soft as the other product. Furthermore I can still "feel" that this product is in my hair, which is not the case with the "Liss Ultime" one.  Moreover, I really disliked the smell of this product, which is weird for a hair product. It does not smell like nice flowers or so, but more like alcohol....

I would definitely recommend the "LISS Ultime" one, even though you get only half of the amount for the same price, but it is totally worth it.
I totally regret that I bought the "Oil Magique" because I feel that I just wasted my money. Instead I should have bought the "LISS Ultime" 



Oil Magique:

1/5

*******

Liss Ultime

5/5 



1 comment: