Monday, March 12, 2012

Review Loreal Youth Code Luminizer Serum

Loreal Youth Code Luminizer Serum 


As usual I saw this current released product at the drugstore a few days ago and had to buy it... buying skin care products is definitely my personal bad habit -.-

All in all, I totally regret buying it...  a total waste of money (20 Euro) 



To the Product:

-it is a serum, which you apply on your face once or twice a day

- just one pump is enough to cover your whole face

- has a slight shimmer to it to even out the skin

-the scent is fruity/bloomy but not really strong

- pretty pricy for a drugstore brand (almost 20 Euro)

- packaging is really nice and pretty.  I definitely like the pump system 



**************




My Opinion:


PRO 

- Smell: 
good, does not irritate normal skin, bloomy/ fruity, maybe not so good for very sensitive skin due to its light scent  

 -Texture:  
has a nice, liquid texture- but thicker compared to the other Youth Code serum version. Does not leave a weird or sticky feeling on your skin 

- Color: 
shimmery, whitish (not transparent like the other version)

- Efficiency: 
one pump goes a looong way 

- Moisturizing Effect: 
ok, may not be enough for dry skin

- Effect: 
"luminizes" your skin due to it's shimmer effect/ shimmer particles - your skin actually looks more vibrant, bright and the skin gets a healthy glow. It does not cover any redness etc. due to it's sheer texture. Better for people with good skin texture because effect is only visible if you don't use much make-up on the top





CONTRA 

- caused weird "pimples" on my skin, especially on my cheeks and forehead right after 1 day of usage- a total disappointment. (I usually do NOT get many pimples on my forehead) 
I stopped using it because of my fear of getting even more pimples. 

- too pricy for a drugstore brand

- you can't tell from packaging how much product is left in the bottle

- luminizing effect is very limited if you use make-up on daily basis
if you want to achieve a real  "glow" effect I would spent my money on other  products e.g. Lioele etc. (Lioele shimmer base- is more effective and did not cause any pimples)

- there are better alternatives on the market, which are definitely better for your skin (considering ingredients, smell)
I would be willing to pay more if the alternate product does not break me out 




Overall: 
2/5 



- If you want to buy it anyway it is definitely a better deal compared to the Lancome line, which is more expensive (same company and similar ingredients) 

- I would not recommend it to people who use to break out while using new skin care products by mainstream brands 

- I would not recommend it to people who tend to have very sensitive skin (contains scent) 

- oil control-wise it also does nothing




No comments:

Post a Comment