Thursday, March 29, 2012

MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder


Mac Studio Careblend- Pressed Powder



THE PRODUCT:

Amount: 
0.35 oz/ 10g

Packaging/ Tools:
same as other MAC powder products (black case, with mirror)
comes with a powder puff

Color: 
Medium Plus (NC25-30)- not translucent

Type of Powder:
Pressed 

Texture:
powdery/dry but at the same time a little bit cream-like, after applying on your face


Claims:
to provide a natural-looking, smooth, fresh-looking finish
to give skin extra care, comfort and nourishment 


*******

MY OPINION

Packaging:
nice, classy and easy to carry it with you

Color:
will suit people with NC 25-30 I guess, but works best for NC 30 I would assume. Sometimes I dislike the color range by MAC because the higher the NC, the more "red" they tend to be.... I wish they would be a little bit on the beige side. The lower NC range tends too be a little bit too "yellow" sometimes.... 

Texture:
I really like it's texture, because it feels really smooth on my skin when applying it on my face. I recognized that, even though it seems to be a normal powder, it gets a little cream-like after applying it on your face

Finish:
I must say that the finish was surprisingly good though. It looks really natural, smooth and adapts well to your skin (within seconds) It does not look caky at all- even right after application.
**
I really disliked the MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation, because I was never able to achieve a natural and smooth look. Every time I tried to apply it on my face (with sponge, brushes etc), it looked totally unnatural like a "mask" and way to caky. The powder was really visible after application and it took usually a few hours till it developed to a natural look. Furthermore it melted somehow off my skin (weird patches), especially during summer....
***
This product is definitely a really good deal finish-wise, especially if you also disliked the MAC Studio Fix Powder+ Foundation like me.


Coverage:
I would say it's definitely light to medium but not a full-coverage foundation. 
Coverage ability is definitely better compared to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder.
If you have major acne scars etc. it won't be able to conceal it like the MAC full-coverage powders/foundations do. 
I would therefore recommend it to people who tend to have clear to medium clear skin


Oil-Control:
definitely less compared to MAC Studio Fix Powder or MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder, because both of them tend to be on the drier side texture-wise.
This product gives more moisture to your skin and therefore looks also more natural/ not caky



Overall:
4/5 



I would recommend it to:

- people with dry to normal skin types
- people who want to achieve a very natural look and who want to avoid a "mask-like" look
- people who are looking for a powder which is not over-drying 
- people who want light to medium coverage
- people without major acne scars, troubled skin

DID NOT CAUSE PIMPLES 






No comments:

Post a Comment